The new Definitive StudioMonitor series is the culmination of over 20 years of research and development to create monitor-quality shelf speakers with the perfect balance of high style, utility and most of all performance.
The twin BDSS long-throw bass/midrange drivers are pressure coupled to a top mounted racetrack bass radiator to extend and amplify bass frequencies. The total bass radiating area of a Studio Monitor 65 is equivalent to a single 12-inch woofer but with far greater control, definition and speed than a single sluggish large woofer. The StudioMonitor’s bass performance is nothing short of astonishing in its depth, detail and musicality.
- Second generation patented 5-1/4″ BDSS mid/bass drivers with Linear Response Waveguide technology for flat, accurate response with micro-detail retrieval and three-dimensional imaging
- Cast aluminum driver baskets
- Second generation pure aluminum dome tweeter for smooth, extended highs
- Non-resonant braced enclosure ensures pure, uncolored performance
- High-gloss anti-diffraction baffle and shaped enclosure reduce diffraction for open and spacious imaging
- Top-mounted racetrack bass radiator for outstanding bass response
- Crossover network features oversize inductors and premium Mylar capacitors for audiophile-grade sound quality
- Integrated Zobel network makes the Studio Monitor 65 easy for amplifiers to drive
- Bi-amp/bi-wire all-metal 5-way binding posts