Emotiva XMC-1 Features
- Exclusive Dirac Live™ 7.2 automatic room correction system with PC/MAC GUI for complete system control and adjustment, “on-the-fly,” including the creation of your own customized response curve for precise alignment with your individual preferences.
- support for Dolby Atmos (up to 7.2.4) and DTS-x.
- Twin Texas Instruments DA710 32-bit floating-point, dual-core, 300 MHz DSP engines capable of 1800 MIPS each, handle all audio decoding and post processing.
- Hardware based asynchronous sample rate converters between DSP1 and DSP2 for extremely high jitter immunity.
- True 7.2 audio channel paths with stereo bass management and post processing for the ultimate cinema and stereo listening experience.
- Fully independent crossover settings for fronts, center, surrounds, backs, & subs.
- Independent crossover frequencies and slope rates by channel groupings.
- Stereo subwoofer support with independent level, distance and parametric EQ.
- Selectable dynamic range control.
- Selectable Fletcher-Munson loudness compensation.
- Selectable independent or global 11 band parametric EQ.
- Support for multichannel DSD.
- Global bass and treble controls with user selectable turnover points.
- High performance AM/FM tuner with RDS text information, including artist, category, and title. Also features a signal strength meter.
- 9 Gbps video bandwidth with bit-perfect signal switching on all HDMI inputs and outputs (supports all video formats up to 4k/60, including 3D.)
- Full HDCP 2.2 support (required for 4k UltraHD video) on all inputs and outputs.
- ARC and CEC support on primary output.
- Informative OSD overlays and setup menus with no interruption or degradation of the native video, variable transparency, including 4K and 3D sources.
- Dual Analog Devices ADV7625 video mux’s for “Bit-Perfect” HDMI switching.
DACs and Volume Controls
- Burr-Brown PCM4202 ADC for precision 24-bit analog to digital conversion.
- Burr-Brown 24/192 DSD1796 main zone DACs.
- Dual CS3318 lossless resistor ladder volume controls for main zone. 0.5dB resolution.
- NJW 1298 lossless resistor ladder volume controls for secondary zones and mix out. 0.5dB resolution.
Record Out (analog & S/PDIF)
- Two-channel down-mix of analog or digital source playing in main zone.
- True tape monitor loop.
- Two-channel down-mix of analog or digital source playing in main zone – volume tracks main zone.
Second Audio Zone
- Independent audio selection from:
• Balanced Analog In.
• Unbalanced Analog In 1-4.
• 7.1 analog in down-mix.
• AM/FM tuner (shared with main zone).
• USB Audio (2-channel only).
• Zone 1 sync, including multichannel sources.
- Analog selections can be used with main zone off.
- Independent volume control 0.5dB resolution
- 1 Ethernet port for control (RJ-45) for:
• Firmware updates.
• Compatible with Control4, RTI, URC, Crestron, etc.
• Setup and control via PC/ Mac.
• Dirac Live® GUI interface control via PC/Mac.
• Firmware update via USB-A.
Main System Micro processor
- Texas Instruments AM-1808 Sitara Arm9 32 bit 375MHz processor
- Custom designed full graphical 256×64 OLED blue display 5.5″ display width.
- Fully dimmable.
Beyond All Expectations
The XMC-1 redefines everything you know about affordable home theater. With a true balanced audiophile signal path, high-performance HDMI video switching that supports up to 4k/60Hz, and Dirac Live for Emotiva™ room correction, this made-in-the-USA masterpiece offers audio performance and sound quality that competes with the best analog preamps, combined with video performance and features that rival home theater preamp/processors costing up to ten times as much.
The World’s Most Advanced Automatic Room Correction System
Every XMC-1 we sell comes complete with Dirac Live for Emotiva™, which is our own custom version of Dirac Live, the most advanced room correction system available today. Dirac Live has capabilities far beyond those of ordinary consumer-grade room correction, and operates in both the time and frequency domains to take you dramatically closer to the action in today’s blockbuster HD movies, and lift the veil between high-resolution music files and the music itself.
The powerful Dirac Live engine is built into the XMC-1 itself, and every XMC-1 we sell includes its own calibrated measurement microphone, and a license for the Dirac Live LE for Emotiva software. Advanced users can purchase a copy of Dirac Live Full for Emotiva, which works with the same Dirac engine in the XMC-1, and offers several ways to customize the room correction experience – including the ability to create custom room response Target Curves, and the option of using third-party calibrated microphones.
Precise Powerful Manual Control
The XMC-1 is all about power and control, and it gives you unprecedented flexibility to configure your system to sound just the way you want it to. Advanced bass management capabilities support stereo subwoofers, and let you set independent crossover points for each set of speakers. Two separate sets of 11 band parametric EQs let you create any response curve imaginable, or import settings directly from Room EQ Wizard (REW). Those settings can also be saved as files and reused later, or modified directly using a simple XML or text editor. Precision bass and treble controls with selectable turnover points make simple response adjustments easy, and true Fletcher-Munson loudness compensation keeps your music sounding good, even at very low listening levels.
Ready for Ultra High Definition Audio—and Video
3600 MIPS of processing power and audiophile-grade DACs mean the XMC-1 is ready to decode every high-res surround sound format with full resolution and quality. All of the eight 9 Gbps HDMI inputs and dual HDMI outputs on the XMC-1 support video modes up to 4k/60, including 3D; and one HDMI input and one output support the HDCP 2.2 copy protection needed to play the latest UltraHD 4K video sources.
Ultimate Flexibility and Convenience
Forget planned obsolescence. The XMC-1 is completely modular and upgradable to meet future standards. All main system components can be upgraded as needed, while our custom Linux software assures expandability for years to come.
Made in the USA
The XMC-1 is the first product made in our all-new Nashville, Tennessee Production Center, which allows us exceptional control over every facet of the design and production process for ultimate quality.