- True audiophile-quality sound – as with all of our amplifiers, the XPA Gen3 modular power amplifier was designed first and foremost to sound superb in all types of audio systems.
- Amazing sounding wideband, low distortion amplifier design – ensures smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging – without a trace of harshness or strain.
- Optimized Soft-Switch Class H™ power supply topology – delivers improved efficiency without compromising audio performance.
- Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) – offers all of the performance of a traditional linear power supply, while improving efficiency and reliability, and reducing overall weight.
- Fully modular construction – allows you to purchase as many channels as you need today, and then add more channels later when and if you need them.
- Top quality parts and construction throughout – promise years of reliable service.
- Totally stable – designed for use in the real world, with real speakers.
- Heavy steel 4RU chassis with milled aluminum faceplate – provide strength and rugged good looks.
- Gold plated five-way speaker binding posts with clear shields – allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
- Solid machined gold-plated RCA input connectors – provide a reliable connection with a wide variety of audio interconnects.
- Choice of balanced or unbalanced inputs – independently controlled by high-reliability metal toggle switches to ensure long service life.
- Remote trigger input and output – allows the XPA Gen3 to be turned on by trigger-enabled equipment, and to activate other trigger-enabled equipment.
- Audiophile-grade fault protection – entirely transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other equipment from all common fault conditions.
- World compliant AC line voltage operation – the XPA Gen3 operates on any line voltage between 100 VAC and 250 VAC 50/60Hz and is protected from faults by a rugged resettable circuit breaker.
- Standard IEC power inlet – fits all standard and audiophile IEC power cables.
- Full five-year warranty – ensures that you’ll be able to enjoy your XPA Gen3 amplifier for years to come.
XPA Gen3 Power Per Channel: All Channels Driven; THD <0.1% ; into 8 ohms
|Two:||300 watts RMS per channel|
|Three:||275 watts RMS per channel|
|Four:||260 watts RMS per channel|
|Five:||250 watts RMS per channel|
|Six:||225 watts RMS per channel|
|Seven:||200 watts RMS per channel|
The new XPA Series amplifiers are fully modular and configurable at the time you order them. You can choose any configuration you want, from two to seven channels. All configurations are built on the same chassis, sharing one very robust power supply. If your needs change in the future, you can easily have more channels added. No need to get rid of a perfectly good two channel amplifier when you want to move up to surround sound. Why should you have to buy another amplifier when you’re perfectly happy with your current one, but you need a few more channels?
More power, Scotty!
In amplifier design, everything starts and ends with power. Sure, the sound quality is critical, and that’s where the amplifier circuitry comes in, but, if you don’t have your power supply right, the best amplifier design in the world can’t save you.
The new XPA Series utilizes a high-current switch mode power supply. It’s a power supply capable of delivering over 3Kw of continuous power with absolute reliability and extremely high efficiency. It shares the dynamic attributes of a classic transformer-based design with none of the downside. It’s lightweight, intelligent, and extremely powerful!
Massive old school transformers and giant filter capacitors are rendered obsolete. They just can’t compete. It’s a revolution in power design, and it’s the backbone of the new XPA modular amplifier system. It’s the way of the future, and it’s here now.
Let’s talk amplifiers
The XPA Gen 3 modular amplifier series uses the same core circuit topology as their legendary XPR series amplifiers. A unique differential input stage, with a cross-linked current source, drives a balanced VAS stage. The advanced input stage is tied to a fully complementary output stage and delivers a holistic, natural, and powerful listening experience. Low-level musical details and dialogue emerge from a deep black background. Its wide bandwidth, low distortion performance reveals every nuance of your high- resolution sources. The XPA amplifiers will drive difficult loudspeakers with absolute authority and control, and will keep their cool while doing so.
Our highly regarded Soft-Switch™ Class H power supply topology increases the efficiency of the new XPA amplifiers without compromising the audio performance you’d expect from an Emotiva amplifier. At lower power levels, the amplifiers operate on a lower supply voltage to minimize quiescent power consumption and standby power losses. When the amplifier control circuitry detects a fast rising input signal that will exceed the lower power voltage, it instantly switches to a higher voltage rail to ensure that the signal can pass cleanly without clipping. This process happens on a continuous basis, in real time, and it allows much greater overall efficiency than previous designs. In actual operation, the XPA amplifiers are cool running, which contributes to much longer component life, reduced power consumption, and increased reliability.
All of the benefits of a classic Class AB design without the wasted heat, weight, and power of a conventional fixed rail design – Cool.
Real Power. Really.
You can’t even begin to compare the power capabilities of most existing AV receivers to the massive power capacity of our new XPA Series amplifiers. Even many “high-end” power amplifiers are rated with only a single channel, or sometimes with just two channels driven. Seriously, we can’t make this stuff up. Maybe they come up with up with some marketing-driven “burst” power standard that exaggerates their performance. Or their marketing guys say hey, “instead of using an 8-ohm rating, let’s do it at 6 ohms; that’ll make a bigger power number!” Genius? Nope.
Emotiva XPA Series amplifiers are always rated with all channels driven –continuously – into 8 ohms. Period. (We do give you some of those other ratings as well, so you can compare our performance to that of our “competitors” on their terms.) Just ask many of our competitors to see their “all channels driven” power ratings and watch the dance begin… what should that tell you?
The bottom line is that our new XPA Gen3 amplifiers will deliver the full power and majesty of today’s high definition movie and music sources without a hint of strain, loss of detail, or control. We’re talking about real-world power and fidelity that you can immediately hear and appreciate. No excuses, no compromises, and no double-talk.
The Heart of Your System
The Emotiva XPA Gen3 amplifiers aren’t just about power and impact. Behind the massive power supplies are audiophile-grade amplifier modules, built using premium components. We use the finest materials and the latest technologies to bring you world-class products. They are carefully engineered and designed to work together as stunningly capable, reliable, and refined systems. We listened both to you, and our gear, and we like what we hear.
Best of all, when it’s time to upgrade or your needs change, the XPA Series Modular Amplifier System is easily reconfigured to meet you needs. What? No planned obsolescence?
Heresy. That’s what some will say. We say, sit back and have a listen.
Are you starting to see a trend?
Designed, Assembled, and Tested in the U.S.A.