Marantz PM8006 Features
- Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2x 70W / 8 ohm rms
- Newly designed electric volume circuit
- Exceptional Marantz Musical Phono EQ stage
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuits
- Triple layer bottom plate
- Gold Plated Inputs/Outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
- Double shielded Toroidal Transformer and high quality customized components
- High quality, original Marantz SPKT-1+ Speaker Terminals (A / B switchable)
- Available in black or silver-gold
The PM8006 also includes preamp outputs along with a power amp direct input, which lets you use the unit as a standalone power amplifier for integration into a multi-channel home theater system. For precise sound tailoring, our triple tone control system provides separate controls for the bass, midrange and treble. The elegant remote control features an ergonomic layout for easy operation, and can control accompanying source players.
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards, called Hyper-Dynamic Amplifier Modules, or HDAMs, to replace the chip based amps used elsewhere. Using discrete surface mount components with short mirror-image left and right signal paths, HDAMs outperform the regular integrated Op-amps dramatically in Slew Rate and noise level, resulting in a much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years Marantz has developed different HDAMs to fit the particular requirements of players and amplifiers: the PM8006 uses the high-grade SA3 version.
Marantz Musical Phono EQ
For a long time, Marantz integrated amplifiers have featured high-quality phono stages. We’ve elevated our commitment to vinyl with the Marantz Musical Phono EQ stage, as seen in the PM8006 amplifier. Enjoy the very best playback of all music sources, be they digital or analog. Marantz Musical Phono EQ uses two-stage amplification, allowing less gain per stage for lower distortion. The PM8006 combines Marantz HDAM technology with JFETs (junction gate field-effect transistors) in the input stage, providing high input impedance that eliminates the need for AC coupling capacitors and simplifies the signal path, vastly improving the signal purity overall.