RPM-1 Carbon utilises a lot of innovations and enhancements: A low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability.
A completely new designed S-shaped tonearm tube is made from carbon fibre, aluminium and resin. Using a complex 3-step process with heat treatment and 100bar pressure, arm tube rigidity is strenghtened, internal damping is maximized and resonances are reduced to a minimum.This makes the tonearm also suitable for MC cartridges.
Additional features are a new magnetic anti-skating mechanism and a TPE-damped counterweight. All ingredients add up to a miracle in sound for the price and ultra-stylish look!
- Precision belt drive using synchronous motor
- NEW Ultra-precision DC-driven AC generator motor power
- NEW Inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Platter made from MDF using felt mat
- NEW 8,6” S-shaped tonearm made from carbon, aluminium, resin utilising special heat and pressure treatments
- NEW Magnetic antiskating
- NEW Counterweight with TPE damping
- Supplied with high end Ortofon 2M Red cartridge
Fitted cartridge: 2M Red cartridge fitted
Nominal speeds: 33 / 45 r.p.m.
Dust cover: optional (Cover-It RPM)
Motor completely decoupled: Yes
RCA phono sockets: Yes
S-shaped tonearm: Yes
Effective tonearm length: 8.6″ (218.5mm)
Effective tonearm mass: 13.5g
Tracking force: 0 – 25mN
Speed variance: ±0.27 %
Wow and flutter: ±0.14 %
Signal to noise: -71dB
Platter weight/diameter: 1.6kg/300mm
Power supply type: Mains-fed outboard power supply. 220 – 240V, 50 cycles
Output voltage: 15V/500mA AC
Power consumption: 5 watt max / 0.5 watt standby
Dimensions: 380 x 110 x 350mm