Vincent SP-998 Class-A Mono Power amplifier
Pair two of these main amplifiers together for a truly powerful listening experience. Clear circuit configuration with selected components and an over-dimensional mains transformer provide sufficient output reserves and a clear sound. Even the most critical of speakers shine when used with a pair of SP-998 mono amps.
– RCA & XLR inputs
– Class A circuitry design allows clear sound at full power
– Symmetrically constructed amp
– 300W @ 8 Ohm
– Large ring core transformer & storage condenser batteries provide sufficient reserves
– Upright design takes up very little space
Vincent is a German brand and manufacturer of Class-A Hi-Fi equipment. Since 1995, Vincent has stood for continual development to 2-channel stereo in the high-end class.
What role do mono amps play?
Vincent developers are dedicated to not only traditional stereo hi-fi, but also create outstanding multichannel home cinema components. The reason they have spent so much time and research into power amplifiers is that these devices can be used again in future audio systems no matter what the source content is. At the end of the day, audio signals will always have to find their way to the speaker.
The best so far
SP-998 is the most powerful Vincent mono main amplifier. It has been equipped with unusually large reserves to drive even the most electrically demanding loudspeakers. This power amp is symmetrically constructed with a huge amount of power. You can get up to 600W (into a 4 Ohm load) from the big ring core transformer.
The internal transistor circuitry is based on the superior Class A design, all backed by the big storage condenser batteries which provide sufficient reserves. This enables the Class A circuitry of the unit to provide a faithful deep bass and clean, airy trebles.
You can switch the amp to Class AB mode, which offers a lot more power, but is less controlled. For instance, you may want to run your system in Class AB mode for a PA system at a party, where every last drop of sound purity does not count, and volume is more valued.
In order to be able to integrate main amplifiers in a most flexible way and to allow them to be combined channel by channel, Vincent developed mono main amplifiers with a reduced width into an upright housing. This way they can either be placed in combination in a rack or be placed near the corresponding loudspeaker each.
- Frequency response: 10 Hz – 50 kHz +/- 0.5 dB
- Nominal Output Power RMS / 8 Ohm: 300 Watt, RMS / 4 Ohm: 600 Watt,
- Nominal Output Power Class A / 8 Ohm: 50 Watt
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt),
- Input sensitivity: 1,1 V,
- Signal-Noise ratio: > 95 dB,
- Input impedance: 47 kOhm,
- Inputs: 1 x RCA, 1 x XLR, 1 x 3,5 mm Jack sockets (Power Control)
- Outputs: 1 x 3,5 mm Jack sockets (Power Control), 2 x 2 Speaker Terminal
- Colour: black/silver,
- Weight: 31 kg,
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 265 x 458 x 420 mm
The SP-998 is the perfect match for the rest of Vincent’s solidLine range!
Pair up two SP-998 power amplifiers with a quality stereo pre-amplifier, and a media player of your choice for a superb home audio experience.
Shown below are two SP-998 units, the SA-94 Pre-Amplifier, and the CD-S3 CD Player.