The Sonetto Center II is a true Sonus faber and features all the iconic elements of the brand including natural sound, natural materials, artisan finishes typical of Italian craftsmanship and manufacturing carefully carried out in the Sonus faber facility in Vicenza, Italy
Sonus faber has always found its inspiration in the highest Italian culture. With Sonetto, the history of Italian literature is used as inspiration for the new collection. The word ‘Sonetto’, or ‘Sonnet’ in English, originally meant ‘Sound’ or ‘Melody,’ and was traditionally used to accompany musical performances. Sonus faber’s new Sonetto collection seeks to marry these traditional forms of sound and poetry within the framework of their acclaimed speaker design.
Home Theatre At The Highest Level
The Sonetto Center II is a high performance 3-way centre channel speaker, featuring 2 x 150 mm woofers, for optimal low frequency reproduction. This Center II is ideal for use with the larger speakers in the Sonetto range and is the perfect centre channel for people who demand the very best in home theatre performance.
The largest centre channel of the Sonetto collection, an emotional voice ready to surprise at the first listening whilst offering flexible positioning with the included stand.
Essential Design: According with the typical clean design language and elegant proportions of the collection, the centre channels’ front baffle is an integral part of the cabinet creating a seamless structure with the curved sides. The gun-metal finished aluminium aesthetic rings, that frame the new drivers, are the only elements that break this continuity.
Tweeter & Midrange: The silk dome tweeter with the DAD™ (Damped Apex Dome™) technology is placed centrally on the centre channels’ front panel, with two 150 mm midrange drivers featuring natural fibre and paper blend air dried diaphragms and the Sonus faber die cast basket. Once again the combination of these drivers, made with natural materials, ensures the typical timbre of the brand and facilitates the “Voice of Sonus faber”.
Woofer: For optimal low frequency reproduction, a special aluminium alloy diaphragm has been designed. It allows for ultra-fast, tight and yet generously deep bass performance.
Lute Shape: The lute shape that characterizes most of the Sonus faber models, offers a solution that ensures no internal parallel surfaces and a perfect control over internal resonances.
- Design: 3-way vented box horizontal centre loudspeaker
- Drive Units:
- Tweeter: 29mm High Definition DAD™ driver, DKM dome diaphragm
- Midrange: 2 x 150mm Ultra-free compression basket driver with custom diaphragm made with cellulose pulp and other natural fibres
- Woofers: 2 x 150mm Ultra-free compression basket driver with custom diaphragm made with cellulose pulp and other natural fibres
- Crossover: 220 Hz & 1,650 Hz
- Frequency Response: 42 Hz – 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 91 dB SPL (2.83 V/1m)
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Suggested Amplifier Power Output: 50W – 300W, without clipping
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 743 x 289 x 409 mm
- Weight: 16.2 kg
- Manufacturer’s Warranty: 5 Years (Covers faulty workmanship and materials, but not abuse)